Jul 29, 2010 10:19:10 AM, lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Drew Ames wrote:
>> Part of the reason I'm asking is that I've had an error on glibc in
>> chapter 6.9 of LFS 6.6. The error may be related to package users, but
>> I'm not sure yet. I'm going to redo the toolchain and the steps
>> leading up to (and including) the Chroot to see if I can repeat the
>> error before I post a question about it.
>
>Was it trying to install scsi/scsi.h when it failed? Both Glibc and
>Linux-headers attempt to install their own version of scsi/scsi.h.
>Since Glibc's version is generally preferred, do this as root:
>
>rm /usr/include/scsi/scsi.h
>
>Then try installing Glibc again.
>
>--
>William Immendorf

Hi William and thanks for the response.

My error was not with the scsi.h header, although it sounds like it should have
been.
Instead, I had a problem right at the end when trying to install the locales I
got this error:

/usr/bin/bash: /usr/bin/localedef: No such file or directory

This error has come up before for people, but I've never seen a good resolution
or
[Solved] tag on the messages. What's strange is that localedef is exactly where
it is
supposed to be and it seems to have the correct permissions.

What is doubly weird is that my build has passed all the sanity checks and
tests up to
that point.

Given that it seems to be a permissions issue, I initially thought the problem
might be
with the package users, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm going to try again in the next couple of days and see what happens. I'll
post more
details then.

In the meantime, I'd love to read about and share any package user tips like
the scsi.h tip
you provided. :-D

Regards,

-Drew