On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 03:36:15PM -0400, Suraj Linux wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have got stuck at section 6.16 GCC-4.4.3. I am getting error at test
> suite for GCC at the command
>
> make -k check
>
> on page 101.
 (LFS-6.6 section 6.16 tells us enough, page numbers are unfamiliar
to those of us who read the book in a browser).
> ..
> ..
>
>               === libgomp tests ===
>
> Schedule of variations:
>     unix
>
> Running target unix
> Using /tools/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description
> file for target.
> Using /tools/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for
> target.
> Using /sources/gcc-4.4.3/libgomp/testsuite/config/default.exp as
> tool-and-target-specific interface file.
> Running /sources/gcc-4.4.3/libgomp/testsuite/libgomp.c/c.exp ...
> Running /sources/gcc-4.4.3/libgomp/testsuite/libgomp.c++/c++.exp ...
> Running /sources/gcc-4.4.3/libgomp/testsuite/libgomp.fortran/fortran.exp ...
> No libgfortranbegin library found, will not execute fortran tests
>
>               === libgomp Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes          1009
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/sources/gcc-build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgomp/testsuite'
 So, no failures in libgomp
[...]
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/sources/gcc-build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgomp'
> make[1]: Target `check-target' not remade because of errors.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/gcc-build'
> make: *** [do-check] Error 2
> make: Target `check' not remade because of errors.
 But errors in one of the previous parts.  Do you have a log from
the tests ?  If not, you might need to delete the source and build
directories (I think the tests don't rerun, but I'm uncertain) to
be able to rebuild and then rerun the tests.  Log them as e.g.
make check 2>&1 | tee testlog.

 I don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but for gcc
some tests often fail, and the book should say something about that.
What matters is whether you get a few failures (say, less than a
dozen), or a lot.
> root:/sources/gcc-build#
>

> Other details:
> I am using book version LFS 6.6.
>
> Host System Requirements:

[snipped, I think these are all acceptable]

ĸen