Hamish West wrote:
> Hi all,
> Im trying to install the Linux API Headers(5.5) but when I run: "make
> headers_check" as normal LFS user, I get:
>

> CHK     include/linux/version.h
> /bin/sh: cannot create include/linux/version.h.tmp: Permission denied
> UPD     include/linux/version.h
> mv: cannot stat `include/linux/version.h.tmp': No such file or directory
> make: *** [include/linux/version.h] Error 1
>
> and when I try as root:
>
> CHK     include/linux/version.h
> HOSTCC  scripts/unifdef
> scripts/unifdef.c:209: error: conflicting types for ‘getline’
> /usr/include/stdio.h:651: note: previous declaration of ‘getline’ was here
> make[1]: *** [scripts/unifdef] Error 1
> make: *** [headers_install] Error 2
>
> When I work on with the other commands, I just get errors about "getline"
>
> I am using Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit as my host with book version LFS 6.3

LFS-6.3 is 3 years old.  Use either LFS-6.6 or LFS-developemnt since it
will be LFS-6.7 in a couple of weeks.

You have a permission problem.  You are either not user 'lfs' or you did
not do

chown -v lfs $LFS/sources

in section 4.3.

Also check that you have the prerequisites listed in section vii.  The
getline problem is due to using the old version of the book.

   -- Bruce