On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 16:18 -0500, rhubarb...@poetworld.net wrote:
> Is there a disadvantage of using auto for file system type in the
> /etc/fstab file?  I have three non-swap partitions.  Why not list them
> all as auto?

I may be wrong, but I *think* auto works only for filesystems that are
registered at the time you try to mount them - in other words, if your
filesystem support is built as a loadable module, it may not work. I
remember having issues of this kind while playing with initramfs support
ages ago...

Simon.