On 10/28/10, Stuart Stegall <kel...@keltor.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers
> <edgaralw...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Bruce,
>>
>> I know, this issue is a "little"  the field of BLFS. I am trying to get
>> xorg working, a not to difficult task in former times. Now, testing the
>> xorg.conf.new, I get a screen, with a dirty "X" on it, but no way to close
>> it again. strg-alt-backspace is ignored, also the mouse. Cold reboot is
>> needed.
>>
>> in Xorg.0.log I can read:
>> "(WW) AllowEmtpyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd' or 'mouse' will
>> be
>> disabled.".
>>
>> OK, if disabled, I cannot work with them, that's clear. Question: what is
>> the matter with this ? How and where can I avoid that this drivers become
>> useless ?
>>
>> And ( granting a little, I am really tired  ;-) ), what is the reason for
>> this _new_ behaviour ?
>> svn 20101023, xorg-server-1.8.2
>>
>> Hope you can again help, and thanks a lot,
>>
>> Edgar
>>
>> --
>> Dr.-Ing. EdgarAlwers <edgaralw...@gmx.de>
>> --
>>

> This is usually an issue with hal+dbus.  Ctrl-Alt-Backspace doesn't
> work anymore. AltGr-SysReq-K still works though.  this was done
> because apparently people hit Ctrl-Alt-Backspace quite often when they
> don't mean to.
>
> Add this to your xorg.conf to reenable that:
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>         Option          "DontZap"               "false"
> EndSection
>
> You probably need to stop hal, restart dbus then start hal again and
> try xf86-input-evdev driver instead of the keyboard/mouse drivers.
> --

My DontZap doesn't work.

This worked from here
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2010-September/020652.html

arrs=$( \
  find / -xdev \
         -type d \
         -regex \\\(/etc\\\|/usr\\\).*/X11/xorg.conf.d \
)
if [ X$arrs != X ]; then
  cat > $arrs/xkb-defaults.conf << "EOF"
Section "InputClass"
   Identifier "XKB Defaults"
   MatchIsKeyboard "yes"
   Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection
EOF
echo "$arrs/xkb-defaults.conf XkbOptions terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
fi