On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 8:31 AM, aaron cai <osr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: in
> `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/i686-pc-linu x-gnu/libstdc++-v3':
> configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details.
> make[1]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
I think you messed up when entering the adjusting the toolchain
commands. But we can't say for sure, unless we have more info.

Attach the configure log for both gcc and libstdc++ and try these commands out:

echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
$LFS_TGT-gcc -B/tools/lib dummy.c
readelf -l a.out | grep ': /tools'

If this returns:

[Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]

or something like that, then you adjusted the toolchain right.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.