On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM, piper.guy1 <piper.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> root:/tools/bin# ls -l make
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 457270 Dec 28 19:25 make
> root:/tools/bin# make --help
> bash: /tools/bin/make: No such file or directory
> root:/tools/bin# file make
> make: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
> dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.15, not
> stripped
> root:/tools/bin#
If this is happening, I think you forgot to adjust the linker paths
for the pass-2 builds of Binutils and/or GCC. To check, in the host
system, run "ldd /tools/bin/make | grep '/tools'". If it returns
nothing, your toolchain is pointing to the wrong path.

If you have to restart, do so, and this time, make sure that you
really copy and paste the instructions, and always run the sanity
checks when the book asks you to. Also, run the testsuites for Glibc,
Binutils, GMP/MPFR/MPC, and GCC if you want to really make sure you've
done a good job (and make sure you check the test results with the LFS
ones)

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.