On 01/01/2011 11:03 AM, Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 09:04:40 -0600
> Dan McGhee<beesn...@grm.net>  wrote:
>
>> I'm just reacting to "the way things used to be."  The title of Chapter
>> 7.4 is "Configuring the setclock Script."  The file created in this
>> section is now named /etc/sysconfig/clock.  I'm used to having it named
>> "setclock."  I couldn't find any mention of a change in the "Change
>> Log."  Is this now going to be the name of this script?
> That file has been called clock for as long as I can remember. Perhaps
> you're thinking of /etc/rc.d/init.d/setclock?
>
>> Additionally, I'm not used to having anything else defined in this
>> script.  So should the line
>>
>> CLOCKPARAMS=
>>
>> be commented out.
> CLOCKPARAMS is not mentioned in /etc/sysconfig/clock, but it is
> mentioned in /etc/rc.d/init.d/setclock. As it stands setting the
> variable CLOCKPARAMS to null is safer than commenting the line out as
> the variable CLOCKPARAMS may have been set in the environment for some
> other use which may cause a problem for hwclock.
>
> Andy
My router and I were not playing nicely yesterday and my reply to my own
questions got lost somewhere.

I found the information I needed in Appendix D, "Boot and sysconfig
scripts version 20100627." Another well of information that I hadn't
used before. It's a great addition to the book.

Andy, you're probably right about what I was thinking. Except for my
very first build many years ago, I have "copied and pasted" the commands
from the book. Soooooo.......

Dan