On 01/28/2011 01:09 PM, al...@verizon.net wrote:

> BLFS Development svn-20110124
>
> * January 23rd, 2011
> + [dj] - Removed luit from the book as it is now installed as
>           part of Xorg Applications.
>
> Hello,
>
> luit-1.1.0 is in the Xorg-7.6 "wget" list (no surprize here).
>
> 1. luit is not in the applications "Installed Programs" list

Sorry for the late reply. I don't frequent LFS-Support (This belongs on
BLFS-Support or even BLFS-Dev). Anyway, thanks for the catch. Will be
fixed momentarily.

> 2. For applications, the "standard" compile command is given as
> ./configure $XORG_CONFIG
>
>       In the old days (say, Xorg-7.5) luit would be compiled with
> ./configure $XORG_CONFIG \
> --with-localealiasfile=$XORG_PREFIX/share/X11/locale/locale.alias

The default is correct now.

> What gives?
>
> PS - while here, I've noticed Util's are built before Proto's.
>           Any reason?

The m4 files are needed prior to using automagic on the proto packages.
Since this will rarely be needed, in fact I cannot recall a time that it
ever has, I've reverted the change which actually broke the book.

-- DJ Lucas