Mike McCarty wrote:
> I'm using a VM (qemu) to build LFS v 6.8. I'm using the LFS LiveCD
> as my build system. I've partitioned and formatted my "disc",
> and successfully booted the LiveCD. I've downloaded jhalfs-2.3.2
> (I understand the one on the LiveCD jhalfs-2.3.1 is broken) and
> started setting up my directory structure. Here it is:
>
> /media/lfs            build directory
> /media/BOOK           book, v 6.8 XML extracted
> /media/jhalfs         jhalfs-2.3.2 extracted
> /media/archive        place to put the archived downloads
> /media/sources        place to put the sources for build
>
> All the directories are writable by the jhalfs user.
>
> I've gone into jhalfs and and done a make, and tried to
> set up the configuration. However, when I do a "make", I go
> through the menu, and upon exit, jhalfs mostly likes it,
> but complains that the jhalfs directory and the build directory
> conflict. I've given /media/lfs as the build directory, and
> used the directory structure mentioned in README. However,
> jhalfs doesn't like it. If I rename jhalfs to jhalfs-2.3.2
> and create another directory jhalfs, then the tool complains
> that other necessary directores underneath jhalfs don't
> exist. They appear to be directories in the jhalfs-2.3.2
> directory, and appear to contain support scripts.
>
> What I've done before is extract the tarball twice, once
> into jhalfs-2.3.2 and once into jhalfs. This doesn't seem
> right.
>
> What clue am I missing?

When you go into the VM, extract jhalfs to your /home directory (the
name doesn't matter).  Run from there.  jhalfs should create
/mnt/lfs/{jhalfs,sources}.  I tell it not to mess with sources and then
just copy them manually to /mnt/lfs/sources, because I sometimes make
changes there.

Another easy way is to get the lfs-wget file and do:

cd /mnt/lfs/sources; wget -i ~/lfs-wget

   -- Bruce