From: "Bruce Dubbs" <bruce.du...@gmail.com>
To: "LFS Support List" <lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2011 11:42:41 AM
Subject: Re: Ok, now I am having issues

Danny Vukobratovich wrote:
> Ok, then what should I use to build my LFS if not the liveCD? Just
> trying to go with what is recommended...thanks,

Don't top post.

>From Chapter 1, first paragraph:

"The LFS system will be built by using an already installed
Linux distribution (such as Debian, Mandriva, Red Hat, or SUSE). This
existing Linux system (the host) will be used as a starting point to
provide necessary programs, including a compiler, linker, and shell,
to build the new system."

I will remove the 2nd paragraph.

-- Bruce

Ok, I am downloading Fedora right now. Do I boot to it via a LiveCD or do I
perform a full installation? The wording appears to be a full installation.
Thanks

Danny Vukobratovich
System Administrator