>>Jason P Sage wrote:
>> System: Win7Home -> Oracle VirtualBox -> Slackware 13 (32bit) as My Host
>>

>> The book seems to have skipped the ./configure, make and make install
>> steps entirely for grub.

>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/grub.html

Right you are! Did that step. I suppose when I started having troubles I
started compiling it myself having forgot. Fortunately the compiling
switches appear non-consequential.

>> Grub Install returns: /usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: cannot find
>> a device for /boot/grub (is /dev mounted?).

>Did you redo the virtual mounts in
>
>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/kernfs.html
>
>before reentering chroot?
>
> -- Bruce

No - But I did this just before I got your speedy response! when I saw
dev was just empty mostly I started searching for "/dev" until I found
that little bit about populating dev like the system does at boot up!

You're SPOT ON!

I'm still having other issues (still GRUB related) but I want to hammer
on it for at least a few hours before throwing up the white surrender
flag. Doesn't help the Virtual Machine has device names longer than a
MICROSOFT GUID.. but that's not a problem as far as I know.

I just made some headway! I'm still not able to boot but I think I'm
close. Getting wrong device errors now - but I'll keep chiseling away at
this...

Thank you Again!
--Jason