I expect every chip has its peculiarities, and my CPUs are not an exception.
I failed to build LFS-6.8 (if I remember correctly, it was before 7.0 for
sure) with -j2, however all worked fine with -j1.
I haven't tried building in parallel on my later builds though, so maybe I
should.
On the other hand, almost all software after binutils-gcc-glibc builds in a
matter of minutes anyway, mostly under one minute, not counting the test
suites. And tests as we see from reports are better run with j1. Good time
for brushing up on man pages while waiting, I think.

In BLFS all packages except glib and mplayer were built with -j2, no problem

EK