On 7/19/2012 12:47 PM, Эмиль Кранц wrote:
> No, it isn't.
> And if OP is still in the dark, then he should RTFM. Everybody else does.
> Especially https://lfs.pilgrims.ru/lfs/view/development/chapter01/how.html
> to answer this particular question
> More importantly
> https://lfs.pilgrims.ru/lfs/view/development/prologue/prerequisites.html
> for general understanding of life universe and everything.
>
> 2012/7/19 Nolan <4030...@gmail.com>:
>> --
One: people are still top posting. This is frowned upon. Two: Everyone
is expected to have mostly proper grammar when replying. Three: Nobody
likes a smartass.

Now, to answer the original question: Technically we compile binutils
and gcc 3 times. The first two times are when building the toolchain.
The first pass is built against system libraries, while the second pass
is built against the toolchain libraries. Both passes are needed in
order to properly build them again while in the chroot environment.

Elly