On 8/14/2012 12:09 PM, Mikie wrote:

>Make sure that all of gawk's dependencies are resolved, get rid of packages that rely solely on mawk, then make sure everything is configured to use gawk and restart. Unless you're in runlevel 3 or using a server edition of Ubuntu, the power symbol on the top toolbar is probably red, which means that the system wants to restart. (The gui is still good for some things. Like the browser.)

>Elly

Huh?

I am on server and did a reboot but no difference :

lfs@ubuntu:/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build$ make install

LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C; export LANGUAGE LC_ALL; \

make -r PARALLELMFLAGS="" CVSOPTS="" -C ../glibc-2.14.1 objdir=`pwd` install

make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.14.1'

mawk-f scripts/gen-sorted.awk \

-v subdirs='csu assert ctype locale intl catgets math setjmp signal stdlib stdio-common libio malloc string wcsmbs time dirent grp pwd posix io termios resource misc socket sysvipc gmon gnulib iconv iconvdata wctype manual shadow gshadow po argp crypt nss localedata timezone rt conform debug libidn dlfcn elf' \

-v srcpfx='' \

nptl/sysdeps/pthread/Subdirs sysdeps/unix/inet/Subdirs sysdeps/unix/Subdirs assert/Depend intl/Depend catgets/Depend stdlib/Depend stdio-common/Depend libio/Depend malloc/Depend string/Depend wcsmbs/Depend time/Depend posix/Depend iconvdata/Depend nss/Depend localedata/Depend rt/Depend debug/Depend > /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/sysd-sorted-tmp

/bin/sh: 1: mawk: not found

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/Versions.all', needed by `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/abi-versions.h'. Stop.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.14.1'

make: *** [install] Error 2

lfs@ubuntu:/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build$

Did you also try deleting the untarred files and the build folder and redoing the build from scratch? It might still be trying to find mawk.

If that fails as well, try rebuilding the entire LFS system, as the tools might be directing to mawk as well. If even that fails, make sure Ubuntu is using gawk as the default awk, and that all programs are using gawk as well. Though, at last check, I didn't think the server edition came with mawk at all...

Elly