>On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:33:08 +0530
>Oshadha Gunawardena <oshadha.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tried that, and I managed to configure it (trace -
> http://tny.cz/5f221035). But came out with a new error please refer
> the below trace
>
>   configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too
>   old.  Make sure it
>   is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the
> full path to pkg-config.

It appears you are missing pkg-config and/or glib.

These packages were at first not in LFS, then they were added because
something (can't remmember what) had pkg-config as a dependency and
glib depends on glib. Later, the two packages were removed because
they were adding too much cruft to the book.

Now, the details of the resolution of your problem (assuming the
problem is in a missing package) depend on which exact versions of the
book and udev package you are using. I am not an editor and have not
read the new versions of the book so I may give you bad information.
However, I guess that if you take the newest release of the book and
the release of udev that said book references, you will succed.

Make sure to check if the particular version of the book you use has
pkg-config, and if it does, do not skip it. Same for glib. In any case,
match the version of udev you are trying to build with the version the
book references.

--
   Fourth law of programming:
   Anything that can go wrong wi