On Sep 16, 2012, at 07:36 AM, lx wrote:

> thank you,
>               I'm using 7.1. and it's  a 32-bit system.
>
> maybe i don't make problem clear. when I make the file-5.10. it can't
> find ldd libz.so.1 . so I check the libz.so.1 by "ldd libz.so.1",
> and result is:
>
> linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0x00460000)
> libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x008bb000)
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00825000)
>
>            i think i don't set the right symbol link of /lib/ld-
> linux.so.2 , so i'm confused.
>
> this is the whole process.

Put your posts at the bottom of the text you are replying to, just as
I'm doing in this email.

File isn't finding the zlib you built in chapter 5 because you either
didn't use the version in the book or you executed the link commands
for zlib improperly. The link commands are sepcific to a certain
version of zlib. You can't built zlib 1.2.7 and then use the link
commands for 1.2.6. You'll need to adjust them.

What is the output of:  ls -l /tools/lib/libz*

Make note particularly of the link /tools/lib/libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1.2.7

You never mentioned which book you are using.

Sincerely,

William Harrington