On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:52:58AM -0500, alex lupu wrote:

> ------
> A few asides (if I may).
> 1.  I have a perfect backup of my now shaky system.
> It's a 3.6.1 with 182 and /dev/pts.
> I'll start messing it up and troubleshooting from there
> on my now restored test system.

 I now think that Bruce fixed the /dev/pts problem (ticket #3102) in
r9868 by adding, or reinstating, the following lines in the
mountvirtfs script:

      # Copy devices that Udev >= 155 doesn't handle to /dev
      cp -a /lib/udev/devices/* /dev

 If I'm right, updating the LFS bootscripts to their current
versions will solve the problem.

 And if it does solve it, *please* be wary of updating udev to a
newer version in a completed system!  Do it if you have to, but
expect problems :)

ĸen