On Nov 25, 2012, at 11:08 PM, 王杰清 wrote:

"configure: error : linker with -z support required"

We get this a lot in the LFS Support irc channel.
If you view the errors and config.log,
mawk is being used rather than gawk, and this is the error output when people skip the host requirements page. The other time it occurs is when someone doesn't use the lfs user or the lfs user's host environment isn't set properly and they use the toolchain which doesn't have the proper linker support.

Seems most of the issues that are repated and posted in IRC and the mailing list have to do with host system requirements.
There is no clear way to make it clearer. We'll just have to endure it.

Wllliam Harrington