On 12/15/2012 03:03 AM, Alexander Spitzer wrote:
> An additional piece of information that might be important:
> The patch asked for in the book is bash-4.2-fixes-8.patch while the one
> I have from the website and that one that I applied
> is bash-4.2-fixes-10.patch
> Could that be the cause of the problem?

That is extremely unlikely, though since you are saying you are doing
something differently than what's in the book, I need to ask how else
(no matter how trivial it might seem) you are deviating from the book's
instructions. Also, you're saying the book mentions a "fixes-8" patch as
stated in the 7.2 book - that specific patch is in fact available - it's
even linked right in the book.