Le 18/01/2013 20:55, Rabi Shanker Guha a écrit :
> Hello,
> Im building the LFS system. However I seem to be stuck on section 6.12
> (Installing File 5.11)
> When I run ./configure --prefix=/usr, the configure script stops after
> the following lines:
>
> checking for strlcpy... no
> checking for strlcat... no
> checking for getline... yes
> checking for gzopen in -lz... yes

Those are normally the last line of the "checking" part. Then should
come the "config.status" part:
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating magic/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating python/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing libtool commands
and that's it...

According to config.log, you had to interrupt the script (signal 2),
hadn't you? Or did you inadvertently type Ctrl-C?
Another possibility is that you typed Ctrl-S (this stops output).

I have no idea why configure would stop before creating config.status.

Regards
pierre