The compile is not finding MPFR as your error log states.

There's not enough of the log presented in this email for me to much more than
guess at your problem, but I would look at where you extracted the mpfr and gmp
tarballs.  If this happens to be just a symptom of a more elusive error,
there's not enough information to reveal any clues that I can detect.

Hoping that it's a simple fix: Be sure that you are in the gcc-4.4.1 source
directory for that extraction process before changing to the gcc-build
directory for the configure process.

I am only guessing, but I would expect your particular error if a) the two
steps were somehow reversed, or b) the extraction of mpfr and gmp was done from
the /mnt/lfs/sources/ level instead of /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-4.4.1/...

I hope I'm contributing positively to your efforts.  I feel that most of the
seasoned active responders on this list are a few timezones behind me...
perhaps better ideas are on their way.

Nicholas McCurdy
mindwarpstud...@aim.com