Le 18/06/2013 11:47, John Black a écrit :
> I took a picture from my cellphone and type it to this email.
>
> 1. Adding IPv4 address 192.168.1.1 to the eth0 interface...Cannot find device
> "eth0"
> 2. -bash-4.2$_
>
> -------------
> 1. How to fix it?
> 2. whay bash not root, it's something wrong?
>
> Any help please

> GET FREE SMILEYS FOR YOUR IM&  EMAIL - Learn more at
> http://www.inbox.com/smileys
> Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk™ and
> most webmails

If I understand correctly, you first see the "caanot find device eth0"
during boot, then you log in as root, and get the prompt shown on the 2.
line.

I think that prompt is OK. To make sure you are root, type "whoami"
(should return `root').

Now, to address the first error, type "ip link show". It should return
the list of network devices, with their current state. lo0 is the
localhost interface, any other (you might get enp0s3 for example) is the
name given by the kernel to the interface. There is also a possibility
that you see no other interface if it has not been enabled in the kernel
configuration.

Pierre