I recently finished up with 7.3.  Didn't have serious problems getting it to
boot, however, when I installed gpm, I couldn't get my trackball to work.
Googling the issue came up with a few hits, but nothing very helpful.  I
suspect it has something to do with the kernel or udev because there is no
mouse symlink in /dev as there is with older LFS installs I've done.  Grepping
the config file for MOUSE showed the exact same settings as I've used in
previous kernels.

Any advice would be appreciated.

richard