 From: David Brodie <l...@aba.eclipse.co.uk>
To: Pwn Me <pwn_m...@yahoo.com>; LFS Support List
<lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 7, 2013 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: [lfs-support] ABOUT LFS

On 07/09/13 03:29, Pwn Me wrote:
> guys i have another question.. i'm done with my LFS 7.3 and it actually
> works now but some commands like APT, REBOOT, HALT etc. have the same
> outputs when i typed them:
>
> "bash: command not found"

They are privileged programs, which LFS puts on /sbin or /usr/sbin,
neither of which are on your PATH if you log in as a normal user. You
need to log in as 'root' to use these commands. And 'apt' is the package
management tool for Debian, Ubuntu, etc. You won't find it in LFS at
all, unless you add it yourself.

> also i haven't edited my /etc/sysconfig/clock, /etc/resolv.conf and
> /etc/hosts..

I think you need to do some basic reading up about Linux and about using
the standard shell and utilities, before you go much further - there're
some good references on this page:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/prologue/prerequisites.html

David