In trying to add Vim at the end of Ch. 5, I discoverd that four ncurses
libraries weren't where they were supposed to be.  Instead of /tools/lib
I found libncurses{,w}.so.5{,.9} (actually two of these are soft links)
in /tools/lib/perl15/5.18.1/x86_64-linux-gnu/.  This just doesn't seem
right.  I think I can remember typing "x86_64-linux-gnu" when building
Ch. 5, but I can't remember in what section.  The only instructions in
either ncurses or perl that could have caused any "typing issues"--and I
usually copy and paste to eliminate those--are in the perl build.  "cp
-Rv lib/* /tools/lib/perl5/5.18.1.

I now have doubts about the success of my Ch. 5 efforts and want to wipe
the partition and start over unless someone can tell me that moving
those four items back to /tools/lib will solve the situation.

I discovered this situation when vim failed to configure because it
couldn't find terminal libraries and "--with-tlib=/tools/lib" didn't help.

I'd really just like to move those things, but right now I have no
confidence that all in my tool chain is correct.  The other
clarification I need to add is that I had already set up and entered the
chroot environment once.  I was in $LFS as me to configure and compile
and was going to install as root.

Thanks,
Dan