> From: Simon Geard <delga...@ihug.co.nz>
> To: lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org
> Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 21:23:05 +1300
> Subject: Re: [lfs-support] Ethernet Card Not Found
>
> On Thu, 2013-11-28 at 10:28 +0000, akhiezer wrote:
> > You're expending resources to try to persuade people that there's no issue
> > here.
>
> I'm not trying to persuade anyone anything... I'm trying to understand
> why this is considered such an important thing, why it comes up again
> and again as a source of anger and frustration. In fifteen years of
> using Linux, I've seen few developments attract such heated reaction
> (the only one that comes to mind was Mono)- and I don't understand why
> that's the case.

When you use terms like 'melodrama', then you _are_ trying to persuade people
of a position - howevermuch-inadvertently (e.g. if you're not understanding
the import of the words that you're using: and if you _are_ understanding said
import, then, again, spare us the attempted disingenuity of such posts that are
then followed by attempted step-back disclaimers like your post above).

rgds,
akhiezer