frozen tuesday wrote:
>> root:/sources/glibc-build# grep Error glibc-check-log
>> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/
> test-float.out] Error 1
>> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/test-ldouble.out] Error 1
>> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/test-ildoubl.out] Error 1
>> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/test-ifloat.out] Error 1
>

>> I would want to dig into the tests to see what is failing.
>> They all look related and my first reaction is that there
>> are hardware issues, but I haven't seen these particular
>> errors before.

> Is there any way for a relatively novice user like myself to better
> determine what these errors are before continuing, as you suggested? I
> suppose the only other route for me to take is to forge ahead and hope for
> the best.

Look at the contents of /sources/glibc-build/math/test-*.out.  Sometimes
tracing the sources through the test suite can be quite challenging.  On
the other hand, sometimes errors may be indicated by an off-by-one issue
in the least significant digit.  Unless you are doing really heavy math,
that probably is something you can live with.

> As mentioned before, it's a relatively older system (Athlon XP 3200+) which
> doesn't have SSE2 or other newer instruction extensions. Could that be the
> cause of the errors?

That's possible, but I'd think it would have been handled in the code.
If it should be and isn't, then it does need to be brought up upstream.

   -- Bruce