Geoff Swan wrote:

> On 23/12/2013 11:03 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Geoff Swan wrote:
>>> Is it possible to add alias networks to an ethernet device in LFS-7.4?
>>>
>>> I was used to the old method of having ifconfig-eth0:1, etc with the
>>> alias network defined in this file, as for the ifconfig-eth0 file.
>>> However the alias files do not appear to be recognised on boot. I don't
>>> think the /lib/services/ipv4-static script recognises the config files.
>>

>> What are the contents of your ifconfig.eth0:1 file?

> The eth0:1 file:
>
> ONBOOT=yes
> IFACE=eth0:1
> SERVICE=ipv4-static
> IP=205.158.179.178
> GATEWAY=205.158.179.161
> PREFIX=27
> BROADCAST=205.158.179.191

For testing, make ONBOOT=no.  The GATEWAY needs to be commented out
since it is not in the eth0:1 network.

You can then test using '/sbin/ifup eth0:1' or 'ifdown eth0:1'

BTW, You never said what messages you got, if any.  You should get some
kind of message for either success or failure.

After getting it to work, change ONBOOT back to yes.

   -- Bruce