Hi,

I am build the LFS 7.4 following the book, and find two suspected bugs:

(1) In Preface, "vii. Host System Requirements",
the version of tar is required 1.18, but this version does not support
xz format at all.As such, the following command will fail:
        tar Jxvf foo.tar.xz
Although using xz first then tar will work, I think it is recomended to
upgrade tar to support new options.

(2) In chapter 5, "5.7. Glibc-2.18"
I got the following warning:

configure: WARNING:
*** These auxiliary programs are missing or incompatible versions: autoconf
*** some features will be disabled.
*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

I seems that there should be some requirements of autoconf.