Frans de Boer wrote:
> The next messages are produced every single time I encounter this chapter:

> Running /sources/binutils-2.24/ld/testsuite/ld-elf/elf.exp ...
> FAIL: static preinit array
> FAIL: static init array
> FAIL: static fini array
> FAIL: static init array mixed

What type of partition are you building on?
$ mount | grep lfs

> Running /sources/binutils-2.24/ld/testsuite/ld-ifunc/ifunc.exp ...
> FAIL: Could not link a static executable

> -----------------
>
> There are five failures and I can't find the cause of it.
> I rebuilded everything from scratch - more then once, but still
> encounter these messages. I tried this on i686 and x86_64 machines.
>
> Anybody an idea what might be the cause and if it is a show stopper.

There should be no unexpected failures.  There should only be entries like:

                === ld Summary ===

# of expected passes            703
# of expected failures          61
# of untested testcases         1

If otherwise, you probably have an error in earlier builds.  You have to
dig into the .exp packages to figure it out.

   -- Bruce