Oshadha Gunawardena wrote:
> @Bruce
>
> It's strange I checked the address and it's correct. Furthermore all the
> other files are seems to be in place. But then why the dhcpcd isn't
> starting automatically?
>
> I'm thinking of writing a start-up script to solve this issue.

They are not terribly long or complex scripts.  Put in a few echo
statements to debug.

network calls ifup.  ifup should call dhcpcd.

Also, I think I told you the wrong thing before.  Now that eth0 is being
recognized, the config file needs to be ifconfig.eth0.

The network script should probably be changed to:

    start)
       # Start all network interfaces
       for file in /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.*
       do
          interface=${file##*/ifconfig.}

          # Skip if $file is * (because nothing was found)
          if [ "${interface}" = "*" ]; then continue; fi

          . /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.$interface

          /sbin/ifup ${IFACE}
       done
       ;;