Le 27/02/2014 08:14, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> Yonas Zed wrote:
>> i follow the instraction on LFS 7.4 to build my own distro using
>> ubuntu 12.4,32 bits ...i run the ubuntu on vmware 9 by allocationg
>> 42GB space for storage and 2GB memory ...core-i7 2.20GHz
>> processor.......is there a different installation process for 32 and
>> 64 bit? or different linux 3.10.10 for 32 and 64 bits?..
> You seem to be hijacking the thread.  Your comments don't match the
> subject.  That said, if you use a 32-bit host, you will get a 32-bit
> LFS.  If you use a 64-bit host, you get a 64-bit LFS.  Running in vmware
> does not make a lot of difference outside of the kernel configuration.

Coming to the kernel configuration, There could be an explanation. I
understand you used an Unbuntu 32 bit distribution on a virtual machine
with 64 bit CPU. Doing that, as Bruce says, you get a 32 bit LFS. But
the kernel configuration system may have seen the 64 bit CPU, and I
think that is the source of the problem (from your original post):
---------

kernel/bounds.c:1:0: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in
make[1]: *** [kernel/bounds.s] Error 1
make: *** [prepare0] Error 2

Can you check that "64-bit kernel" is not ticked when making the configuration
of the kernel?
Also, if you have run "make defconfig", try instead "make i386_defconfig".

Regards
Pierre