Thank you all for your rapid responses. In specific, Aleksandar asked:
> Are these numbers your own estimates, or did you pick them up
> somewhere? I'm asking because they overestimate.

These numbers came directly from the 7.5 book; 2.2.1.1. through 2.2.1.3 : pages
12 and 13.

On a related topic : if I find an error in the 7.5 book, to whom should the
notice go?
In the process of downloading each of the required parts, I found that the
source site for Bzip2 failed. I used the Google code search and found it just
fine.
I also created a curl script to make the downloading mostly a bulk job with the
exceptions of the files that come from SourceForge - can't curl them.
Al