On 06/09/16 20:13, thorsten wrote:

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for something that you could install
system-wide, being activated upon the user's locale setting, but mozilla
seems to go another way here.

Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim,

I do not know if this is what you are searching for, but I do the following:

at

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n/mozilla-release/de/tags [this is for
german, substitute de for your lang]

download the tag for your firefox version, eg. for firefox-45.0 click on

FIREFOX_45_0_RELEASE

then at the top on bz2.

This will download the de locale.

Untar and rename from de-43jfhkfl to de

mkdir l10n in the firefox sourcetree and mv de into l10n.

in mozconfig add those two lines:
ac_add_options --enable-ui-locale="de"
ac_add_options --with-l10n-base=../l10n

this builds a german version of firefox and works for all users. As far
as I know, this also works for multiple locales in parallel, however I
did not try it.

After some looking around, I realized that the name seem to have changed to FENNEC_46_0_1, so I should be fine!

One last minor question: does this resulting build still contain the english version per default, or is it a german-only build?

Kind regards
Tim