On 04/09/2016 06:55 μμ, Rob wrote:
In conducting the sanity check in section 5.10:
echo 'int main(){}' > dummy.c
cc dummy.c
readelf -l a.out | grep ': /tools'
cc dummy.c
got the following output
/usr/bin/ld:
/mnt/lfs/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/6.2.0/../../../crti.o:
unrecognized relocation (0x2b) in section `.init'
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
I am following LFS 7.10 RC1. I do not understand enough of the inner workings
of linking to debug this issue. The pages on google are seemingly directed at
experienced programmers--something which I am not.
What went wrong here?

Check lfs user's bash history to be sure that you run
the book's commands correctly. Check if you used the correct
tarball versions also. You can do this with command "history|less" on
a terminal as user lfs, or open /home/lfs/.bash_history with an editor.

If you don't find something, post some info for the host
and the output of version-check.sh

--
Thanos