On 09/14/2016 06:37 PM, Thanos Baloukas wrote:
On 14/09/2016 04:31 μμ, Thanos Baloukas wrote:
On 14/09/2016 10:52 πμ, Rob wrote:
LFS-7.10-Systemd.
In section 7.2.1.2 the book talks about creating
"/etc/systemd/network/10-eth0-dhcp.network"
. Then, in BLFS Chapter 14, - DHCPCD, it talks about disabling
systemd-networkd.service.
So, does the file referenced in LFS 7.2.1.2  still need to be
created if you install dhcpcd? Because I'm getting persistent
messages, when I try running
"systemctl start dhcpcd@eth0"

Did the network interfaces naming policy change? I thought eth* names
are not used anymore.

Me and my terrible english!
s/are not used/were not used/
I think. :)

Well, that's definitely a very minor mistake....

It says that it fails because of a dependency, but it doesn't say
what the dependency is.
"systemctl status dhcpcd@eth0"
says:
"... / start failed with result 'depencency'.
Again, it doesn't tell you what the dependency is.
"systemctl edit dhcpcd@eth0"
shows an empty file.
I'm a little stuck here. Where do I go next?
Kernel configuration is correct and I'm pretty sure it's loading the
hardware, since LFS 7.8 was running on the same metal, and I
just copied over the 4.2 configuration and did
"make oldconfig"
to build 4.7.2.

--
decentral.ch - IT Stuff