I'm just in the process of running over (and modifying) my build
scripts.  I'm currently looking at "Adjusting the Toolchain", chapter
6.10 in the current stable book, and a question arose in my mind.

Wouldn't it be better to copy ld-new rather than move it?  Doing so
would keep ld-new around in case something went wrong with the build
beyond that point, after all, we do rebuild binutils a little later.
I know that there is the suggestion at the end of chapter 5 of making
a backup of the /tools directory, but I'm sure that many don't.

Maybe I'm wrong, or have missed something (entirely possible) so
answers would be appreciated.

Richard