Kuba wrote:
On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 06:07:48PM +0200, Michael D. wrote:
On 10/04/2017 12:28 PM, Gdsi wrote:
Hi.
I begin LFS-8.1 but a issue is appeared.
In ch. 2.2 after running 'bash version-check.sh' the output was:

user@debian:~$ bash version-check.sh
bash, version 4.3.30(1)-release
/bin/sh -> /bin/dash
ERROR: /bin/sh does not point to bash
version-check.sh: line 35: gcc: command not found
[...]
And to change your Shell from Dash to Bash, you could use
$ chsh -s /bin/bash

The chsh command can be used to change the default shell for a user,
a value kept in /etc/passwd. However, chapter 2.2 doesn't care about the
interactive shell, it cares about /bin/sh. On Debian, by default, /bin/sh
points to dash. To change this, run

sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

From: https://wiki.debian.org/DashAsBinSh

Or even easier:  ln -svf bash /bin/sh

I'll also note that Debian thinks that dash is faster than bash as a non-interactive shell. It is if you measure the time in milliseconds. For instance, glibc-2.26 takes me 1.7 seconds to run configure with bash and takes 1.5 seconds with dash. The negligible time gains when using dash are not worth the inconsistencies.

Note that some package builds (e.g. gcc) assume /bin/sh -> bash and will fail if it is not set.

  -- Bruce