On 10/10/2017 13:55, Николай Сосницкий wrote:
10.10.2017, 14:42, "Pierre Labastie" <pierre.labas...@neuf.fr>:
On 10/10/2017 13:11, Николай Сосницкий wrote:
  Hello everybody!
  I found little mistake in LFS book (both sysvinit and systemd):
  in Capter 6 section Coreutils the last command
  "mv -v /usr/bin/{head,sleep,nice,test,[} /bin"
  has wrong operand "[".
  This mistake is not present in 7.5 and early versions and present in
  7.6 and later include current stable:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/stable/LFS-BOOK-8.1-NOCHUNKS.html#ch-system-coreutils
  P. S. Sorry for my english, please.
"[" is the name of an executable. It does the same thing as "test". Note
that it is not used much, since "[" is built in the sh or bash shell.
But since we move "test", we move "[".

Hello, Pierre!
I'm sorry for this. I asked in #lfs-support IRC cannel and have advice to post
in this mailing list.

Don't be sorry Nickolay: this is exactly what lfs-support is for. Asking questions! Actually, the text in the sentence above the command you cite may be misleading, since it mention only "head", "sleep", and "nice". It should also mention "test" and "["... Also, I doubt "[" is useful in /bin, since bash has it built in.

Pierre**