Pedro wrote:

 > I attached files for configure, make, make check and a screenshot.
 >
 > 'make' gave this onscreen warning (circunflex included):
 > pmap.c:135:36: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to
 > unassigned type [-Woverflow]
 > static unsigned KLONG range_hight = ~=ul

Is this a 32-bit system?
Yes

I don't have a 32-bit system to validate, but that is probably the reason for the test failure. I'd ignore it.

By the way, ~ is a tilde, not a circumflex.
I meant the circumflex under the tilde, it was also part of the warning

It you mean the ^ under static, then that is a carat. But I see that in some places it is known as a circumflex if it is placed over a character.

Programming lesson:

Actually the output of the line does not reflect the actual line:
static unsigned KLONG range_high = ~0ull;

On a 32-bit system KLONG is defined as 'long' (32-bit word) and the compiler is complaining about a constant ~0ull which is a long long or a 64-bit (minimum) word of all ones treated as unsigned.

The compiler warning is that a 64-bit constant is being assigned to a 32-bit word.

---------

Please respond to the list and not just me personally.

  -- Bruce