On Tue, 06 Mar 2018 09:12:05 +0000 (GMT)
Hans Malissa <hmali...@me.com> wrote:

> I'm in the process of building LFS 8.2-systemd on x86_64, and so far I've
> followed the instructions up to chapter 6.20 without problems. In chapter
> 6.20, when running the gcc test suite, I'm getting 6 FAILs in the libstdc++
> tests:
> FAIL: experimental/filesystem/iterators/directory_iterator.cc execution test
> FAIL: experimental/filesystem/iterators/recursive_directory_iterator.cc
> execution test
> FAIL: experimental/filesystem/operations/exists.cc execution test
> FAIL: experimental/filesystem/operations/is_empty.cc execution test
> FAIL: experimental/filesystem/operations/remove.cc execution test
> FAIL: experimental/filesystem/operations/temp_directory_path.cc execution test
> I've noticed that the very same FAILs are listed on
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/8.2/i7-5820K/test-logs/086-gcc-7.3.0
>  but I couldn't figure out whether that means that this is a problem or not,
> and what needs to be done about it. Is it safe to proceed with the
> installation at this point?
> Hans
If they are in the official check logs, that means that everyone has them, even
the LFS developers. That's why the section on checking gcc has a link to those

The book also mentions those failures in libstdc++. So you have nothing to
worry about.

Hazel Russman

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?