On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 06:03:34PM +0200, Filip Banák wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using the lfs-8.2 systemd version of the book. Problem is in
> Libffi-3.2.1 tests (step 6.49).
>
> My machine is x86_64 Manjaro linux with kernel 4.14.39.

[...]
> I do not have a clue about this. Configuration and compilation and
> installation looks good to me at least. I tried to move on with the book but
> when I try to build Meson with >> python3 setup.py build << then I get an
> Illegal Instruction (core dumped). When i execute it like this >> gdb -ex r
> --args python3 setup.py build << then I get >>
> https://pastebin.com/1H4biM12    <<

(pasting the error line here) -

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0x00007ffff5fddce4 in ffi_closure_alloc () from /usr/lib/libffi.so.6

I really struggle when I have to use gdb, but are you able to list
the instruction at that address ?

What CPU is this, specifically ?  There have been problems in the
past with low-end recent intel CPUs where gmp thought an instruction
should be available but it wasn't.

See the note in 6.17.1 - the configfsf files make gmp do the right
thing.

I've seen a few invalid opcode messages myself, on Ryzen, probably
related to missing instructions (according to gentoo, four were
removed in Fam17h but I've no idea *which* instructions) and my
problems were in BLFS.

ĸen