On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:11:10 +0100
Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 06:29:20PM +0100, Hazel Russman wrote:
> > Building LFS 8.1 on my Samsung laptop, I was surprised to see a large
> > number of math errors in the chapter 6 glibc check:
> >

> > Do I need to rebuild and, if so, can anyone suggest what parameters I might
> > need to use to avoid a repetition?
>
> The proof of the pudding is in the eating!  Probably very few
> people, if any, are using this CPU to build and test packages such
> as glibc.  Usually, a test failure does not cause any noticeable
> problems at runtime.
>
> I would suggest you continue.
>
> ĸen
That's my preferred solution too, for obvious reasons! But your advice puzzles
me all the same. If the test results really don't matter, even when you get a
lot of errors, why does the book emphasise the need to carry out these tests
for glibc, binutils, gcc and the three gcc libraries?
<quote>
Important:
In this section, the test suite for Glibc is considered critical. Do not skip
it under any circumstance.
</quote>
--
Hazel Russman