On 07/15/2018 11:26 PM, Armin K. wrote:
On 15.7.2018. 21:19, Frans de Boer wrote:
LS,

Below is a repeated piece of information, now being brought as a separate issue from systemd.

I get the following error when i try to compile glibc in chapter 6:
bison --yacc --name-prefix=__gettext --output /sources-lfs/glibc-2.27/glibc-build/intl/plural.c plural.y
bison: m4 subprocess failed: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [Makefile:46: /sources-lfs/glibc-2.27/glibc-build/intl/plural.c] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/sources-lfs/glibc-2.27/intl'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:215: intl/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/sources-lfs/glibc-2.27'
make: *** [Makefile:9: all] Error 2

If I include 'ln -sfv /tools/bin/m4 /usr/bin' as suggested some time ago, I can compile glibc. In an effort to understand why systemd crashes and having a message that there is a segfault in glibc while booting, i tried to recompile all again. Now I can't even compile glibc.

Is this a result of some modification in the tool chain, or is the documentation not up to date?

Regards,
Frans.

You need to build m4 before bison in chapter 5. Ensure you're building in the same order as the current book(s).
Thnx Armin,

I did not noticed that the build sequence was altered. Your remark was on the mark.
Now I can continue with the systemd question :)

--- Frans.