Hello,
On 09/03/2018 02:12 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
On 09/02/2018 11:44 PM, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks to the team for 8.3 Release 'Well done".

Just to let know to the list, I have a 8.3 liveCD and PXE build
using the LFS book and available at URL
https://osukiss.safe.ca//downloads.php

Packaging used is RPM and yum.

[..]
This is a very cool idea, but it does not work for me.  It gets to ntpd
and hangs.  There is something about a download and waiting 10 minutes.

Is this a systemd based system?  If so, can you build a minimal System V
system?

A lot of the packages I see (e.g. crond, atd, dovecot, etc) are not
needed if the iso is to be used as a rescue system.  About the only
things I would want are ssh, wget, and a text browser like links.
It would also be better to have a dhcpcd available, but not started
automatically at boot.

Perhaps there should be a few command line utilities also like pciutils,
usbutils, net-tools, gdisk, parted, etc.

- it is systemV
- NTPD is trying to load the the file "leap-seconds.list", my guess is
  your DHCP serveur is not providing default route or DNS.
- pciutil, gdisk, wget, sshd  are included in liveCD,
  "linksi" applcation is available (via yum)
  net-tools is not (yet?) available, but inetutils is within
  livecd.
  usbutils not available, but will be included in liveCD.

   Thanks Bruce, I liked you comment.
Matter of fact LiveCD was designed as a demo+install tool
(demo: do we have a minimal workable LFS system set of commands,
install: do we have tools to quickly install/duplicated on system
disk).

But for Rescue process, components as atd, dovecot, ntpd are indeed huge overkill.
Give me few days to build and validate a "LFS rescue liveCD".

   -- Bruce

--

A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                        E-Mail: j...@safe.ca