Am Freitag, den 15.03.2019, 14:00 -0700 schrieb Pei Jia:

> Hello:
> Finally, I successfully built LFS, and now I come to Chapter 7 System
> Configuration.
> Chapter 7: System Configuration
> Chapter 8: Making the LFS System Bootable
> Chapter 9: The END
>
> My question is:
> Is chapter 7 System Configuration a must? I built everything onto a USB
> stick.
> It does NOT have a video/camera connecting to it
> It does NOT have a Wifi module.
Anyway, Chap 7 is meant to do some configurations which are required
for booting/using your system. Especially without bootscripts, your
system will not be able to start.

> I, of course, expect this USB stick is able to boot, but with a Wifi
> connection
> using my laptop's Wifi, hopefully the same IP address as my local laptop's
> Ubuntu.
It will not have any WiFi connection since the tools required for WiFi
are beyond a basic linux system and therefore you'll find instructions
to build them in the BLFS book.

> What's more, I'm expecting this USB stick is NOT ONLY bootable, BUT ALSO
> installable.
If you think you can install the content of the USB stick to disk
after you have booted from that USB, you'll be a bit disappointed. The
system on the UBS is a basic operating system ready to boot and ready
to get other packages installed to it. But there is no tool to
replicate it from one device to another nor not even a 'installer'
program.