On 12/30/2019 4:57 PM, Flareon Zulu wrote:

On December 30, 2019, at 16:36, Alan Feuerbacher <alan...@comcast.net> wrote:

>In section "3.1 Introduction" checking checksums shows an error for line
>61: python-3.8.1-docs...
>Alan
>--
>Do not top post on this list.
>A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>A: Top-posting.
>Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

This usually means that the file nees to be redownloaded. Have you checked if the file is there? If there's a file, is it smaller than expected? Have you also just grabbed the checksum from the file and compared it to what the download locatiin shows? At some point, there needs to be some level of self-investigation.

Flareon Zulu

Yes, I repeated the wget stuff several times, then compared the checksum in the LFS book against the one in the md5sums file, and narrowed the error down to the line 61: python-3.8.1-docs... Then I redownloaded the python file to a temp directory, copied the checksum from the LFS book to a temporary file, along with the full python file name, and verified that I got the same error: md5sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match.

The size of the file in the LFS book is "6,429 KB" and ls -l shows the size as 6585651.

Alan