Le 26/03/2020 à 21:03, Jason Gauthier a écrit :
> I'm to the point where grub needs to be installed.
> I've built LFS on a loopback device, so there isn't a physical drive to
> install grub to.
>
> I booted a debian recovery disk, and I installed and configured grub.
> Since I'm going to use this on a QEMU system I set the linux parameter to
> "linux /boot/vmlinuz-5.5.3-lfs-9.1 root=/dev/vda1 ro"
>
> Grub loads, and boots the kernel.  But the kernel halts because it cannot find
> the root filesystem.  Specifically, it says, "Please append a correct "root="
> boot option; here are the available partitions:
> But there aren't any partitions listed.
>
> My grub.cfg:
> set default=0
> set timeout=5
>
> insmod ext2
> set root=(hd0,1)
>
> menuentry "GNU/Linux, Linux 5.5.3-lfs-9.1" {
>         linux   /boot/vmlinuz-5.5.3-lfs-9.1 root=/dev/vda1 ro
> }
>

> Appreciate any pointers.  I "feel" like the kernel might not know about the
> disk subsystem, but I didn't deviate from compilation options, and I've been
> out of the kernel compilation game for a long time so I don't know what's even
> defaulted or modular anymore.

Clearly, /dev/vdax is not how disks appear normally, even with qemu... So your
kernel may be lacking some otpion to access (virtual?) disks.
Actually, I do not understand exactly what you have done for installing grub
and booting linux. Where and how have you installed grub? What is the format
of the qemu disk? Have you run qemu for booting the kernel?

Pierre