Good day,

I am hoping you all will be able to help me with a problem that has been
troubling me all weekend.

I am building LFS through an Ubuntu VM (to eventually have LFS on a VM
disk) following the 10.0 systemd instructions.

I have gotten through the entire book (minus booting the LFS system while I
work out how for a VM) and even had installed some BLFS packages no problem.

After closing down the VM and re-entering the chroot environment (following
all steps to correctly do so), the GCC compiler suddenly cannot find the
header files. Thinking this was a build error, I restarted the build from
scratch only for the same issue to happen again the second time.

I am attaching two text files-- one is the sanity check before I closed the
VM, and the second is the sanity check after re-entering chroot the next
day.

As far as I know, I added all the necessary config files during the build.
I should also note that in the "Cleaning Up" section of LFS, I was able
both times to exit and re-enter chroot to enable hashing without anything
going wrong with GCC. It was only after restarting the VM and re-mounting
the drives that the issue occurred.

Please let me know if you need any further information and thank you in
advance!

Jared Stevens